With temperatures fluctuating this time of year, ventilation can be tricky business. Here’s some basic guidelines and checklists to keep your pigs healthy and you stress free.
1. Spread fans 1 degree per 10 CFM and max of 4 degree spread
2. Delay to drop curtain 2 degree after fans maxed out
3. Curtain timer
1. Off = 3 minutes
2. On = XX second to move 2″ to 3″ (site – specific calculation.)
4. Curtains move together, off probe average
1. Fan spread = 10-12 degrees
2. Delay 3 degrees to go into tunnel
3. Leave in tunnel for 2 degrees
4. Target 300 ft./minute air speed in tunnel
5. Target <4 degree spread from end to end
6. Inlets close to 10% open in second stage tunnel setting
For a printable version of the information above with an easy Spring Ventliation Checklist, click here.
For additional questions on prepping your barn for spring, contact Hal Schmidt at 507.381.1340 or firstname.lastname@example.org.