For over 75 years, PIPESTONE has been serving our mission of Helping Farmers Today Create the Farms of Tomorrow.
In 1942, Drs. E.A. Schweim and P.A. Pinkert founded the Pipestone Veterinary Clinic as a large animal veterinary practice. Dr. G.F. Kennedy (Doc) joined the practice in 1960 and helped grow the clinic into what it is today, serving swine, bovine, and companion animal customers.
Pipestone Management was founded in 1988 under the direction of Dr. GF Kennedy and Dr. Gordon Spronk. In 1990 Hiawatha Gilts, LTD was built and became the first Pipestone Management managed sow farm. Hiawatha was a 700 sow, state of the art, farrow to finish farm owned by area farmers. The farm is still in operation today as a 2,500 sow farrow to wean farm, representing the forward thinking leadership PIPESTONE brings to family farmers.
PIPESTONE has evolved over the years to include production driven research, nutrition management, animal health, record keeping and marketing services all designed to support the individual family farmer.
Today, PIPESTONE proudly works with over 1500 farmers, serving our mission of Helping Farmers Today Create the Farms of Tomorrow.
We seek to enhance the family farm, living our core values provides the foundation to help our pig farmers to be the very best in the world.
Take a deeper look into our history through the video below: